- A major character dies and stays that way.
- The trajectory of the chakram becomes indeterminant after the 14th or 15th bounce.
- There is a god whose powers do not reside in a sword or helmet or other easily stolen object.
- Callisto goes an entire episode without being buried under a pile of rocks.
- A warlord orders his men to attack X & G all at once, not in single file.
- There is a number six.
- A brother or sister of Xena's shows up whom Xena has already mentioned to Gabrielle.
- Joxer kills somebody on purpose.
- There is a cave nearby which Xena has never explored or stashed supplies for her army in.
- The inhabitants of Trachus are close to unearthing a supply of ambrosia which will make gods of everyone who eats it but fortunately the Olympian gods are able to deal with this problem without Xena's help.